Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Longan Tree.

Today i did something extraordinary. It involved a little strength and patient. Patient, me? No we are not a very good friend.

I helped my dad with the Longan tree in front of the house. What we did? Well, you know when the fruits on the trees before it ripe, little rascals such as the squirrels and birds will try and steal it all away? So my dad used some sort of net-like plastic bag to tie up the 'fetus' fruits. Of course to protect it away from the harms and when its ripe, we shall enjoy the Longan instead.

" Why do you want to tie the Longan fruits?"
" Cause the squirrel will eat all the fruits."
" Why don't just let them eat?"
" Right. What about us then."
" Well, i'm don't like Longan much.."

So, my dad just continued doing his own thing while i helped out with holding the 'galah', a customize stick that have a hook at the edge to hook the branches down. Yes, it was a tall Longan tree. So i was holding the stick patiently while my dad trimmed down some of the leaves and covered it with the net bag. My job was mundane but i kind of enjoyed it, for awhile. As my dad busy with his own thing, i looked up and gazed upon the evening sky. It was blue, cloudy and magnificent i thought. Few crows flew by and a yellow feathered bird stopped by the tree. I knew this bird. The yellow bird that always come and eat the cherry like fruits from another tree.

Anyway i have this thing with blue sky. Looking at it gave me courage and dreams to move on. I wish i can fly like those birds. I wonder what kind of karma from the past make it what they are - bird. Oh why karma? Because Chinese people belived that the deeds you did in the past determined what kind of karma you will get in the future and of course - reincarnation. I'm just saying, i not that superstitious or what but you know, i just wondered. What did those birds did in the past that now, they reincarnated into a bird.

I don't mind being a bird and all that but one thing i just can't take it. Bird eats worm or bug. Me hates bug. Not that i hate them but poor little thing, not even in my favourite list's list. If i am a bird, i might starve to death, i don't even want to touch any insects. Wait, i might not even survive the moment i hatch out from the egg. I'm gonna be a stubborn little bird, spitting out every single bits of the 'food' my mother bird trying to feed me with. Thats how i 'fly'. I replaced the roll with the fly. Ha.

If out of any circumstances i survive and able to flap my wings and fly, i would be in Heaven. Embrace in the arms of the blue sky if sky do have arms or more like their chest? Blue sky's chest, flat and wide. Okay i prefer arms, couldn't be more hairier than chest hair.

" Hey hold the stick, not too hard. The branch might break."
" Alright."

After around one hour of father and daughter time, i gave up. I did great i guess. I don't usually 'hang out' or 'hook up' literally with the stick with the hook, with my dad. Not bad after all. Would i do it again? If the sky is blue, why not.

Okay, i do prefer Longan over Pepsi.

No comments: